New Business Account Executive
The New Direct Business Account Executive at WAVE 3 News is responsible for prospecting, qualifying, presenting to and closing New Local Direct Business in the Louisville, KY Market Area.
JOB DESCRIPTIONGray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WAVE 3 News, the NBC Affiliate and Kentucky Derby Station in Louisville, KY, and Gray Television, the second largest broadcast company in the country is seeking a highly motivated, competitive, and engaged New Business Account Executive. A legacy station being the first in Kentucky and 41st in the nation, WAVE 3 News sets the standard for quality, excellence and serving the community in the Louisville market. Louisville, the internationally known "Derby City" is also home to outstanding Culinary, Arts and Bourbon scenes, Louisville Slugger Museum and Bat Factory, UPS Worldwide hub, The Greatest Muhammad Ali, and has a very rich history, founded in 1778. WAVE 3 News mantra of More. Local. Now. is followed each day by our outstanding team. Learn more about WAVE 3 News at wave3.com
The New Direct Business Account Executive at WAVE 3 News is responsible for prospecting, qualifying, presenting to and closing New Local Direct Business in the Louisville, KY Market Area. You are competitive and highly motivated to constantly hunt for and close New Business revenue so you can be very successful!
The successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
- Strategically prospect for, qualify and close New Local Direct Businesses
- Have a minimum of eight (8) in-person meetings with potential client decision makers per week
- Close a minimum of three (3) New Local Direct Business clients per month
- Utilize the plethora of training opportunities that Gray Television has to offer on a weekly basis depending on your needs
- Collaborate with WAVE 3 News Management and Creative Services to help craft great creative content for your clients
- Strive to be better every day
- Be positive and have fun
- Minimum of two years experience in Outside Sales with a proven track record of prospecting, qualifying, presenting, and closing business
- Have a passion for helping businesses grow sales and profitability
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic with a passion for helping and succeeding
- Have a winning, positive, can-do attitude that energizes your teammates and potential clients
- Interested in, and a curious mentality towards sales and the selling process
- Great communication and presentation skills
- Track record of creative idea generation
- College Degree preferred
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now"
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
Licenses & Certifications
Apply Link: https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings