WHAS, the TEGNA-owned ABC affiliate in Louisville, KY is seeking a Producer to join our award-wining team.
JOB DESCRIPTIONIt’s the city that hosts the Kentucky Derby, the Bourbon Trail, and often March Madness. It’s also a big news city, with a strong culture of local journalism.
We’re looking for a producer who can create informative, engaging & memorable newscasts. Our producers are more than show stackers – they are seeking out and producing impactful content. You must understand the importance of winning weather and owning the big story of the day. This position requires leadership and solid decision-making skills.
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Create informative, engaging & memorable newscasts
- Write in a captivating, conversational, and concise style.
- Be able to control & monitor breaking news and weather situations.
- Develop original content ideas through social listening and independent sources.
- Research for facts and credibility.
- Use creative production techniques to enhance stories. Build graphics and use effectively in shows.
- Line-produce live newscast.
- Communicate with anchors/reporters, assignment desk, field crews, production team, and others to ensure execution of a high-quality newscast.
- Perform other tasks as needed.
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related.
- Minimum of 1years’ experience producing/line producing for newscasts, although the right entry-level candidate may be considered.
- Perform other tasks as required by Executive Producer & Senior Producer.
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook.
- Knowledge of ENPS and Edius preferred.
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time sensitive deadlines.
- Experience calmly handling live, breaking news situations, and changing events
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
Apply Link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JJzgBIaA