WHAS11, the TEGNA station in Louisville, KY is looking for a highly skilled artistic Photojournalist who can create shareable and exciting content for television, social media and mobile.
JOB DESCRIPTIONWHAS11, the TEGNA station in Louisville, KY is looking for a highly skilled artistic Photojournalist who can create shareable and exciting content for television, social media and mobile. We want a photojournalist who can tell great stories on their own or with a team. Our ideal candidates are familiar with the latest photography, editing tools, and techniques. They create unique and exciting content on all platforms. They are proficient with live news-gathering tools and are able to participate in live performance on-air and on live streaming when necessary.
- Passion for capturing video & audio elements that produce compelling and engaging news, sports, features and documentary-style stories in a daily deadline environment.
- Operate an ENG truck or IP video-based live unit (TVU) when assigned.
- Be assigned to either work in a team or solo for daily news assignments.
- Attend editorial meetings, participate in discussions, and suggest story ideas.
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field preferred
- 1-3 years of experience preferred in a newsroom environment.
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
- Must be flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable
- Proven ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
- Member and active participant in NPPA a plus
- Demonstrated news judgment, writing skills, photography experience, and non-linear editing skills.
- Understanding of the tenants of professional journalism
- Knowledge of EDIUS, or any Non-Linear base editing system preferred.
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Must have a valid driver's license, able to lift up to 40 lbs. and occasionally up to 80 lbs. with or without an accommodation
Apply Link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JgzQMNwU?jobdetails=true