Public Relations Associate
Estes Public Relations, a boutique public relations and social media agency with national scope, is seeking a local candidate (Louisville, Lexington, Cincinnati) with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience.
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob: Public Relations Associate (Louisville, KY)
Company: Estes Public Relations (EPR) is a boutique public relations and social media agency with national scope, specializing in the culinary, spirits, hospitality, travel, and lifestyle industries. EPR represents clients in major markets across the country including Louisville; Lexington; Charleston; Honolulu; Baltimore; Virginia; Washington, D.C., and Hilton Head Island.
Work Environment: Estes Public Relations is seeking a local candidate (Louisville, Lexington, Cincinnati) who will work primarily remotely. This candidate will be required to attend in-person orientation, workshops, retreats, and events as needed. Amount of local and regional travel required is estimated at less than 5% per year.
Job description: The Public Relations Associate contributes to Estes Public Relations’ overall success by working collaboratively with the CEO, senior account executives, and staff to provide exemplary service to our clients. We work diligently to increase brand visibility and demand for amazing people, products, and companies, nationwide.
The Public Relations Associate has the following responsibilities and duties:
- Work with account executives on client management, planning, and execution of projects
- Craft story ideas and research media outlets for local, regional, and national editorial placement
- Copywriting for multiple platforms including websites, social media, newsletters, and promotional campaigns
- Identify, pitch, and secure coverage in local, regional, and national media outlets (print, broadcast and online)
- Social media management (monitoring, content creation, content curation, posting, analysis and reporting)
- Develop and maintain media lists and relationships with the press
- Schedule and manage client media interviews and appearances
- Work with media to provide deadline-driven editorial materials
- Always be learning: increase industry knowledge and monitor trends
- Manage media monitoring, coordination of press materials and client progress reports
- Develop digital marketing content
- Special projects as assigned
The Public Relations Associate must be a creative, disciplined, productive self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment and excels at customer service. Our ideal candidate has the following experience, education, and skills:
- 3-5 years of public relations, journalism, or other relevant industry experience
- Experience working remotely under tight deadlines
- Degree in public relations, journalism, digital media, advertising, or communications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to write for a variety of creative platforms
- Strong knowledge of current media coverage as it relates to EPR’s target industries: culinary, spirits, hospitality, travel, and lifestyle
- Relationship-driven with strong understanding of customer service
- Detail-oriented, multi-tasker able to meet tight deadlines
- Competently conducts web-based research for agency and client initiatives
- Strong work ethic: reliable whether working autonomously or as part of a team
- Supports harmonious interaction and seamless service in stressful situations
Estes Public Relations will provide the following compensation:
Salary: Based on experience with bonus potential
Retirement contribution program, generous PTO and holiday program, and healthcare stipend
Please submit resume and cover letter through our website: https://estespr.com/careers-at-epr/
Candidates that advance to the screening round will be required to provide writing samples and recent clips.
Apply Link: https://estespr.com/careers-at-epr/
Email Resume: email@example.com