Public Relations Manager
The American Printing House for the Blind (APH), a world leader in creating learning solutions and pathways to success for children and adults who are blind or visually impaired, is seeking a Public Relations Manager at our Louisville, KY headquarters.
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are looking for a creative, detail-oriented communications professional with the ability to nurture a strong national media network and develop communication strategies to maintain and increase awareness of our organization, its brand and mission in the field of blindness and vision impairment.
Our ideal candidate will have strong writing skills and the ability to develop engaging content that will build and maintain a positive image for our organization. APH’s Public Relations Manager will establish and maintain relations with digital, online and traditional media outlets that will raise the level and quality of customer communication, acquisition, and retention. They will also have the ability, motivation, and responsibility to represent our international brand in a way that connects customers with the products and services they need to improve their lives, motivates key partners to support our mission, and changes the world’s attitude about the importance of learning equity.
The Public Relations Manager reports to the Senior Director of Engagement and Experience. This position will be responsible for developing an annual public relations plan, drafting news releases/media advisories, responding to requests for information from media representatives, coordinating press conferences, handling crisis communications, and developing key message points.
Work Location: This position will initially work remotely. The candidate is expected to work onsite and attend onsite meetings periodically in the future.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop public relations strategies for new and existing products, launches, and promotions
• Plan and implement annual media calendar, and supporting strategies and campaigns
• Manage content to produce relevant, compelling media pitches, high-quality, informative, and interesting news releases, media kits, and related materials
• Develop a crisis communications plan, draft talking points and strategies for crisis communication
• Maintain and develop good relationships with media and key influencers
• Organize promotional events and press conferences
• Responsible for APH’s Change Makers Podcast – building editorial calendar, recruiting interviewees and coordinating production with in-house APH team
• Analyze media coverage; develop responses when needed
• Create and manage PR budgets, deadlines, objectives, and schedules
• Develop media activity reports
• Keep annual calendars of events, targets, and activities organized
• Consistently brainstorm and collaborate with team for new ideas and strategies
• Advocates for and assures the highest accessibility standards in all communication from APH
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, business, or related field
• 3-4 years of experience in PR or related field
• Experience with technologies and best practices for campaigns across multiple platforms
• Excellent computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, media monitoring dashboards and other web-based tools
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; strong copywriting and content creation skills
• Up-to-date on latest industry trends; able to articulate trends and potential clearly and confidently
• Strict adherence to company philosophy/mission statement
• Strong project management skills with ability to supervise multiple projects
• Experience in the advocacy setting a plus
• Some travel is required; approximately 10-12 days a year
To apply, click APPLY on the top right of your screen. If you have trouble accessing the application through ADP, please contact email@example.com or call 502-899-2240.
APH IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE. An offer of employment is conditioned upon successfully passing a drug screening test. We encourage all qualified persons to apply regardless of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, place of birth, or disability, as defined by applicable law. EEO/AA Employer.
Apply Link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=4f6dba69-fbac-41bc-b32c-9571e45ff7a4&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=377593&source=CC2&lang=en_US
Email Resume: firstname.lastname@example.org