Public Relations Specialist
Liaison between Louisville Water Company and the communities it serves to build brand awareness and elevate the value of water. Coordinates the Louisville pure tap® program with outreach and events that incorporate the use of pure tap® products.
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY:
- Liaison between Louisville Water Company and the communities it serves to build brand awareness and elevate the value of water.
- Coordinates the Louisville pure tap® program with outreach and events that incorporate the use of pure tap® products including mobile water stations.
- Develops and maintains partnerships with businesses to promote the use of tap water and awareness of Louisville Water’s brand.
- Works with Louisville Water’s communication team to create content on partnerships and outreach events.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Actively seeks, coordinates and schedules opportunities for Louisville pure tap® program at community events; schedules staff to work confirmed events.
- Acts as back-up for staff members.
- Tracks location of events throughout the year and seeks to broaden footprint.
- Develops and maintains metrics for reach.
- Manages inventory of Louisville pure tap® coolers, cups and bottles and other marketing items.
- Responsible for ordering, storing and tracking inventory throughout the year.
- Oversees budget for inventory and develops and maintains spreadsheets for inventory and events.
- Point of contact for Louisville Water’s involvement in large-scale events such as the Kentucky Derby Festival, Triple Crown of Running, Buy Local initiatives, etc.
- Responsible for scheduling staff to work events, coordinating with internal staff for logistics, and ensuring branding is in place.
- Cultivate new partners for Louisville Water’s Purely Local program to encourage local businesses, restaurants and non-profits to use and promote Louisville pure tap®.
- Visit partners on on-going basis to ensure Louisville Water brand is top of mind.
- Assists the Manager of Education and Outreach in developing and executing community partnerships that align with Louisville Water’s brand.
- Represent Louisville Water at community events that can include speaking to children and adults and giving tours at Louisville Water facilities.
- Works with Louisville Water’s communication team to create content (stories, graphics, social media and media releases) about the Louisville pure tap® program, community events and partners. Writes short stories the communication team will use for content marketing.
- A member of Louisville Water’s crisis communication team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Generally, works a 40-hour week, either in an office environment or on-site for community event.
- Requires travel to corporate locations and community events.
- Requires flexible scheduling, i.e. early morning, evening, and weekend hours to fulfill job duties.
- Must be able to comfortably lift up to 20 pounds and be willing to move equipment, set up tents and branding and other event-related needs.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, or English; and
- Three (3) years of experience in public relations, communications, event planning or marketing; and
- A valid driver’s license.
- Water or other utility experience.
- Experience in community outreach or event organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written); including the ability to communicate with various external and internal customers using a variety of communication tools.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook).
- Strong organizational skills to perform a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to react to change quickly and productively.
- Work requires continual attention to detail, strong organizational skills, ability to establish priorities, and ability to multi-task.
- Must be goal oriented and accepting of personal responsibility.
Apply Link: http://louisvillewater.com/careers