Senior Brand Planner
The SBP will lead Strategic Planning on several accounts, applying sound research and smart insights that help drive integrated, creative marketing solutions.The ideal candidate for this position is a curious problem solver with great communication skills.
JOB DESCRIPTIONSenior Brand Planner (January 2022)
Doe-Anderson, Inc., is looking for a Senior Brand Planner to add to our Strategic Planning department. The ideal candidate for this position is an insatiably curious problem-solver, a superior communicator and an excellent collaborator with experience writing killer briefs, thinking holistically through the brand experience and crafting inspiring presentations in partnership with creative, media and account teams.
The ultimate contribution of this person at Doe-Anderson will be to lead Strategic Planning on several key accounts, applying sound research and smart insights that help drive integrated, creative marketing solutions.
The Senior Brand Planner will work closely with an integrated team on dedicated client accounts. The Planner will also collaborate with specialists within and outside the agency, including digital strategists, data analysts, quantitative and qualitative researchers, creative teams, account management teams, social and digital media experts, and more. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a high level of personal motivation and curiosity, with an ability to synthesize and share information in a meaningful and inspiring way.
The day-to-day role involves three key areas:
- Ongoing discovery work relative to consumers and assigned clients’ businesses. This will often involve research and data collection, both self-guided and in collaboration with key internal and external research partners.
- Distilling research from diverse sources into simple and inspirational direction.
- Leading immersive workshops and brainstorms to unearth objective-driven strategies and ideas.
- Helping develop presentations and briefs that will effectively articulate recommended strategies to connect our clients’ brands to target audiences.
- Participating and collaborating across agency disciplines to develop marketing solutions to meet clients’ marketing challenges.
- Helping collect and report back appropriate metrics for monitoring our clients’ business and marketing efforts.
Agency Thought Leadership:
- Working with Strategic Planning team colleagues to concept, obtain, synthesize, distill and distribute relevant industry information and marketing intelligence that helps build agency knowledge and expertise as well as its profile in the industry.
You will need:
- Critical thinking and analysis skills.
- Strong presentation and persuasion skills.
- Familiarity with the use of qualitative and quantitative research.
- The ability to prioritize and manage multiple client deliverables.
- 5+ years’ experience in marketing planning, advertising or a related field.
- Healthcare, Durable Goods and/or Luxury Goods experience are a plus.
- Candidate must currently reside in or be willing to relocate to the Columbus, Ohio, or Louisville, Ky., area in alignment with Doe-Anderson’s Flex Work Policy.
Report to: EVP, Chief Strategy Officer
Qualified individuals may submit their credentials to email@example.com.
Buckeyes. Bridges. And beer hotels. These are just a few of the things that make our second home, Columbus, Ohio, one of America’s most engaging cities. Home to both the state capital and one of the country’s most storied public universities, Columbus offers a dynamic blend of youthful energy, progressive spirit, and good old-fashioned Midwestern attitude (or lack thereof). Even The New York Times was duly impressed, recently naming Columbus one of their “52 Places to Go” around the world. Our local outpost is smack dab in the middle of the Short North, one of the many vibrant neighborhoods within a few minutes of downtown. We encourage you to come pay us a visit; wearing scarlet and gray is optional.
Our hometown since 1915 was recently dubbed “the new Austin.” We’re not sure what that means, but we’ll take it as a compliment. We like to think of Louisville as the place where Southern hospitality begins but Midwestern common sense and practicality stick around. It’s a blend of the best of both cultures. And speaking of culture, we’ve long been known for having one of the country’s most dynamic art scenes. Over the past decade, our food scene has caught up, with Louisville becoming recognized as one of the leaders in the farm-to-table movement. Oh, and did we mention bourbon? Mix in with a low cost of living and an ease of getting around. Stir well. Enjoy.
You know the cliché about a company being “like a family?” Well, sometimes clichés become clichés because they’re true. In the case of Doe-Anderson, you would be joining an organization that’s been nurturing careers (and the people attached to them) for well over a century. We like to think it’s because you can carve your own path here, supported by management and your peers. We try hard to keep the corporate politics to a minimum and the self-reliance to the max. That may be why almost half our employees are shareholders in the company – and why people tend to stick around nearly three times the ad agency average. There’s something about the place that makes it hard to leave.
At Doe-Anderson, we have a long history of creating work that, well, works. To do this, we strive to reflect the world we live in and speak to every day. Building belief in brands begins with believing in and celebrating one another as individual members of a diverse and inclusive team.
We will never disqualify a potential team member based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or veteran or disability status.
Apply Link: https://www.doeanderson.com/careers/senior-brand-planner
Email Resume: firstname.lastname@example.org