Senior Director of Marketing and Communications
Spalding University is hiring a Senior Director of Marketing and Communications to develop and implement marketing and advertising campaigns that align with Spalding’s mission and goals.
JOB DESCRIPTIONReporting to the Dean of Enrollment Management and Strategic Initiatives, the Senior Director of Marketing and Communications provides strategic leadership to enhance the reputation of the University. This role is responsible for the integration of effective marketing and communication strategies, both internally and externally, across all areas of the institution. Supporting the long-term strategic direction of the University, the Senior Director will develop and implement marketing and advertising campaigns that align with Spalding’s mission and goals. This position will also provide leadership, strategic vision and direction to a team of marketing and communication professionals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with the Dean of Enrollment Management and Strategic Initiatives to develop and implement a comprehensive, innovative and measurable marketing strategy that supports the priorities of the University's strategic plan and builds the University's reputation and brand.
- Oversees the development of the University's brand identity and messaging, including directing the creative vision for marketing and advertising campaigns.
- Works with media partners to secure advertising space on broadcast and cable television, radio, billboards, newspapers, magazines and more.
- Oversight for various internal and external University communications.
- Creates an effective partnership network across all departments of the University, including Administrators, faculty and staff to advance brand-building goals.
- Works closely with the Office of Admissions on fully-integrated enrollment marketing plans to support the University’s enrollment funnel.
- Works closely with the Office of Advancement on fundraising campaigns.
- Effectively prepares and manages budget.
- Establishes and monitors staff performance and development goals, assigns accountabilities, sets objectives, establishes priorities, and conducts annual performance appraisals.
SKILLS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Experience in traditional advertising, digital advertising, social media, brand management, content creation, e-mail marketing, public relations, editing and copywriting.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to multitask.
- Professional and proactive work ethic.
- High competence in project and stakeholder management.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree: Marketing, Communications, Business, Journalism, Public Relations, Digital Media or a related field required.
- Regular or daily contact with administration, faculty, staff, and students.
- Regular contact with the general public.
- Must have an appreciation and respect for diverse populations.
All applications are made through the Paycom Applicant Tracking System.
ABOUT SPALDING UNIVERSITY:
Spalding University offers a comprehensive package including medical, dental, vision, Spalding contribution of 2.5% of salary to 403b retirement plan and matching contribution of 2.5%, generous Paid Time Off program, Parental Leave, 21 holidays including 2 weeks off at the end of the year, paid life insurance and short term disability, paid time for volunteering, free gym membership, and more…
Situated in the heart of downtown Louisville, Kentucky’s largest city, Spalding University combines a rich social justice history and a commitment to community service as we attract students who desire a high-quality education in a very personalized setting. An engaged faculty serves nearly 2300 students at the bachelors’, masters and doctoral levels, providing real-world learning in liberal and professional studies.
Faculty, staff and students are united by the institutional mission: Spalding University is a diverse community of learners dedicated to meeting the needs of the times in the tradition of the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth through quality undergraduate and graduate liberal and professional studies, grounded in spiritual values, with an emphasis on service and the promotion of peace and justice.
With a focus on service and leadership, Spalding offers all students a mission-driven connection to community and comprehensive learning resources while striking a distinctive balance serving the educational needs of both the traditional student and the working student. In addition, our unique 6-week class delivery format affords students scheduling flexibility amidst other life responsibilities.
Spalding aspires to become the ﬁrst choice for students of compassion and service, with a commitment to cultural diversity, equity, and inclusion, celebrated for a rigorous yet nurturing environment, emulated for interdisciplinary collaborations, and acclaimed for contributions to the community.
Spalding University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The University complies with all federal, state and local equal employment opportunity laws. It is the University’s policy not to discriminate against any individual or group of individuals and to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, veteran status or other protected status. All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment a criminal background check.
Apply Link: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=45649&clientkey=A99CE46A67143A8F77A8C7BDEA7155DA