Social Media Manager
Spalding University is looking for a Social Media Manager to join their Marking and Communications team.
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Social Media Manager, as part of the Marketing and Communications team and reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing, plans and executes the University’s institutional and Advancement social media strategy. Working with colleagues from across campus, the Social Media Manager will create social media campaigns that increase visibility of and engagement with the University. The Social Media Manager will also be responsible for updating policies that govern online communities of the University. The Social Media Manager will also perform editorial tasks as requested, including writing, proofing, and brainstorming stories for the Spalding website and newsletters.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan and execute institutional social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, and other platforms.
- Creating digital content for social media and documenting campus events for social media.
- Monitor social media via Meltwater service
- Increase followers and engagement across all platforms.
- Liaise with campus colleagues who manage accounts for portions of the institution.
- Support both strategy and implementation for alumnae/i social media platforms.
- Propose and write feature articles and profiles of subjects.
- Develop and generate monthly reports on the College’s presence on social media platforms.
- Train colleagues in social media best practices.
- Conduct interviews and undertake research.
- Verify factual content of written work.
- Update master calendar entries as directed.
- Supervise student social media ambassadors.
- 2-3 years of experience managing social media for an organization.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Time management and ability to meet deadlines.
Preferred Skills, Not Required
- Experience working in a not-for-profit and/or educational organization.
- Interest in and experience with education and academic achievement.
- Track record of innovative, creative work in social media with measurable positive results.
Education and Previous Experience:
- Bachelors Degree: Digital Media, Marketing, Communications, Journalism or a related field. (preferred)
- All applications are made through the Paycom Applicant Tracking System.
- **All faculty and staff are required to have the COVID 19 vaccination or submit a medical or religious exemption form to Human Resources by start date.
About Spalding University:
- Nestled in the midst of Kentucky's largest city, historic Spalding University combines a rich history and a commitment to community service as we attract students who desire a high-quality education in a very personalized setting. An engaged faculty serves 1800 students at the bachelors, masters, and doctoral levels, providing quality, real-world learning in liberal and professional studies.
- Faculty, staff, and students are united by the institutional mission:
- Spalding University is a diverse community of learners dedicated to meeting the needs of the times in the tradition of the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth through quality undergraduate and graduate liberal and professional studies, grounded in spiritual values, with emphasis on service and the promotion of peace and justice.
- With a focus on community service and leadership, Spalding offers all students a mission-driven connection to community and comprehensive learning resources while striking a distinctive balance serving the educational needs of both the traditional student and the working adult. In addition, our unique6-week session delivery format affords students needed scheduling flexibility amidst other life responsibilities.
- Spalding University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The University complies with all federal, state, and local equal employment opportunity laws. It is the University's policy not to discriminate against any individual or group of individuals and to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, veteran status, or other protected status. All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Apply Link: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=45092&clientkey=A99CE46A67143A8F77A8C7BDEA7155DA