Social Media Marketing Associate
Think Tank Marketing is seeking a creative and dynamic Social Media Marketing Associate to join our team. This role requires a blend of creativity and technical skill, with a strong emphasis on social media savviness and multimedia proficiency.
We are looking for a talented, driven, energetic, and fun individual to join our small staff. As part of this role, you will think social-first and have a passion for each platform to create the most impact and engagement from an audience. You will assist in developing social media strategies, content for social media channels, blog posts, campaign emails, paid advertisements, and other communication platforms. You should have strong writing and broad storytelling skills necessary to establish brand positioning and messaging for a wide range of audiences for our clients and community partners.
You may have a communications or marketing background but you might also have a theatre, performing, creative writing, or journalistic background. You should have an exceptional understanding of traditional, digital and social media marketing principles. You will possess excellent writing skills, the ability to craft compelling and captivating narratives across multiple channels. You will possess graphic design skills and must also be able to shoot photos and video using camera phones and edit them using available software. Ultimately, you will thrive in an environment that requires both strategic thinking/planning and day-to-day execution of social media and marketing initiatives.
At Think Tank, you will have opportunities to learn new skills beyond your assigned work responsibilities. The right candidate has the potential to advance in their career and gain more responsibility as the company grows. You will not be micro-managed so you must be able to accomplish tasks and move projects forward with little to no hand-holding.
The right candidate must be a team player, excellent communicator, and problem solver. You will work closely with Think Tank staff and clients. The position also requires basic knowledge of standard office policies and procedures, general business office practices, a strong customer service approach, advanced creative writing abilities, and good organizational skills.
- Assist with the planning and development of content for clients’ social media platforms, including
- Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, TikTok, YouTube, X, and other emerging platforms in support of clients' business goals, platform growth, and fan engagement.
- Conceptualize content ideas while discovering new formats and trends
- Assist with the creation of editorial calendars and syndication schedules.
- Create, coordinate, edit, publish and share original content for social media channels, blogs, ads, and other advertising platforms as it relates to the storytelling strategies for each client including photos, reels, videos, stories, posts, captions, music, tags, storytelling
- Interact with clients’ social communities responding to messages, comments, tagged posts, and stories.
- Establish and maintain social media relationships with the online community by identifying key influencers & communities that fit our online strategies
- Manage and organize social assets including photos, video, UGC
- Encourage the generation of user-created content via active community participation & conversation
- Stay up to date with the latest social media best practices, trends and technologies
- Craft copy for a variety of industries in both long and short form
- Design graphics, shoot and edit still photography and video
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited university
- Related agency/industry experience
- Relevant & proven experience across social media sites
- Familiarity with one or more social media scheduling and listening platforms
- Proficiency with photography and video editing software
- Strong computer skills necessary (Mac Platform)
- Ability to work in self-directed, fast-paced environment
- Accepts accountability for timely results and attention to detail
- Is flexible and willing to embrace change/shift priorities on a regular basis
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
The successful candidate will:
- Have photo/video editing and graphic design skills
- Possess a positive attitude and strong, proven work ethic.
- Be able to work effectively as part of a small team
- Be willing to accept and apply occasional constructive criticism in an effort to improve marketing campaigns
- Have sufficient poise and self-confidence to represent the company and the company’s clients at special events
- Be highly organized and detail-oriented
- Enjoy researching a variety of industries and feel confident in synthesizing research for social media posts
- Have a working knowledge of all major social media channels including review sites such as Yelp.com and TripAdvisor.com
- Be proficient in either the Microsoft software suite, or Google document products.
- Have experience in Adobe Creative Suite
- Have knowledge of Wordpress, Wix, SquareSpace and Email platforms
- Health insurance
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Flexible and remote working options
- Professional development opportunities
- Travel opportunities
- Event and performance attendance opportunities>/li>
Please send cover letter, three writing samples, design samples, and video editing samples related to your work in social media to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls.
Email Resume: email@example.com