Sports Anchor/Multiskilled Journalist – 008376
We’re seeking an independent, innovative storyteller who can shoot, write, edit, report, anchor, and produce memorable content across all platforms.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAnchoring sports in Louisville is unlike any other sports position in the country. From the grandeur of the Kentucky Derby to the fierce rivalry of March Madness, this is a city where sports MAKES news. WHAS11 is searching for a great Sports Anchor / Multiskilled Journalist who can share the excitement and emotion of these sports stories.
We want sports journalists who can create unique elements for all platforms through memorable writing, photography and editing. At WHAS11, we’re looking looking for more than the highlights; we want perspectives, analysis, and insider stories on all things sports.
We’re seeking an independent, innovative storyteller who can shoot, write, edit, report, anchor and produce memorable content across all platforms.
- Develop story ideas, write, shoot and edit for TV, website, apps, Twitter, Facebook and other platforms.
- Produce sports content that stands out from the norm.
- Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner.
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
- Develop original content through social listening and independent sources.
- Develop sources and build relationships that allow you to break stories and create enterprise content.
- Have a strong, active social media presence.
- Own sports news across all platforms, collaborating with TV producers and digital editors, including Facebook Lives, digital articles, video packages.
- Flexibility to cover dayparts that tie topically to sport events, including weekends.
- Perform other tasks as required by Sports Director.
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field.
- 2-3 years of experience preferred.
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems.
- Understanding of the tenants of professional journalism.
- A portfolio with examples of strong breaking news sports reporting and anchoring.
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, content, both live and recorded.
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook.
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and graphics a plus.
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines.
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events.
- Bilingual, (English & Spanish) speaking a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 49 television stations and two radio stations in 41 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 30 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry’s top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA also delivers innovative and unparalleled solutions for advertisers through TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS). TMS is a one-stop shop that helps businesses thrive through an unmatched suite of services and solutions that reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
Apply Link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JVyGaGQG