Website Content Specialist
This position will oversee, implement, and optimize LouisvilleWater.com and website components.
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary:
Working together with the communications and marketing team, the Website Content Specialist will maintain a customer-facing website to help drive traffic, create a seamless user experience, and implement evolving site needs.
Candidate must have familiarity in current web design trends and understand how to evaluate data as well as make corresponding recommendations. They must be able to approach each unique problem with a holistic view, collaborate with internal stakeholders, and be able to recommend the best path forward.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serve as the primary point of contact and maintain web standards for LouisvilleWater.com and all affiliated websites, third party extensions, and hosting platforms. Identify user requirements by researching and analyzing user needs, preferences, and objectives; understands how Louisville Water users consume content.
- Produce workflow diagrams, user scenarios, flowcharts, and storyboards as needed; drafts navigation rules, organization of information, and site maps.
- Use a Content Management System to manage and coordinate publication of web content. Assist in writing content, when necessary.
- Develop internal system for submitting, tracking, and responding to website change requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Monitor website performance, write, and present performance reports to Communications and Marketing Manager and Vice President of Communications.
- Makes recommendations on how to evolve site and content.
- Assist with Pure Connect communication efforts, troubleshoot issues, and provide reports/optimization recommendations to stakeholders.
- Troubleshoot all website issues with internal resources or external support.
- Collaborate with internal departments to launch new website related efforts as well as marketing team to coordinate consistent error-free messaging.
- Ensures SEO is implemented throughout the site and data categorization.
- Understanding and reviewing for Plain Language and accessibility.
- Train internal taskforce on best practices and new features.
- Stays up to date web design and usability trends, participates in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, etc.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Generally, works 40 hours per week. May require occasional weekend hours to execute emergency updates.
- Associate Degree in a related field
- Two (2) years’ of professional experience managing a website
- Basic knowledge of working with WordPress, HTML, and CSS.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop and/or another image editing software.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Critical thinker with the ability to troubleshoot.
- Works best in a collaborative setting as part of a marketing team.
- Ability to pull and present analytical reports.
- Ability to collaborate with 3rd party agencies.
Apply Link: https://bit.ly/3bASypI