We are seeking a producer with a diverse skill set and a comfort working in a fast-paced newsroom environment. Qualified applicants will have experience producing compelling, informative newscasts.
JOB DESCRIPTIONGray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WAVE 3 News is the NBC affiliate for Louisville, KY. We are Kentucky's first television station, and we lead the way in connecting the people of WAVE Country. We offer nearly 50 hours of local television news per week, 40 hours of live programming in the field throughout the week of the Kentucky Derby, and much more coverage on our web, mobile, OTT and social channels throughout the year.
- Qualified applicants will have experience producing compelling, informative newscasts.
- We’re seeking a producer with a diverse skill set and a comfort working in a fast-paced newsroom environment.
- Enthusiastic producers with a four-year college degree, strong news judgment and the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once without much supervision are encouraged to apply.
- The ideal producer is one with prior newsroom experience who can thrive in a breaking news environment in which priorities and assignments change frequently.
- Produce newscasts and digital content as assigned.
- Work with director to time and execute newscasts from control room in a fast paced, breaking news environment.
- Collaborate with reporters to manage and develop stories from concept to air.
- Pitch compelling stories in daily editorial meetings.
- At least two years newsroom experience.
- Four-year college degree.
- Strong, accurate writer.
- Solid news judgment.
- Experience with ENPS, Edius and ARC would be a plus.
- Ability to work various shifts and serve on call as assigned.
- Clean driving record.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Apply Link: https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
Email Resume: firstname.lastname@example.org