Weekend Sports Anchor/MSJ
WHAS11 is looking for a creative and hard-working Weekend Sports Anchor/MSJ. A position that will collaborate with the sports director, news managers for daily sportscasts and sports specials.
- Anchor, report, shoot and edit sports content for nightly newscasts
- Write scripts
- Work with sports director and news managers to lead newsroom during breaking sports news
- Propose original, timely and innovative content ideas
- Create, write content for digital and social media platforms
- Coordinate sponsored elements in sports shows
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related
- Minimum of 2 years' experience producing/reporting for sports
- Knowledge of non-linear editing systems (Edius, Premier)
- Familiar with newsroom production systems (ENPS or equivalent)
- Ability to use a MSJ camera
- Strong knowledge of digital/social platforms
- Demonstrate strong news judgement in editorial conversations
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, reliable and leadership qualities
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time-sensitive deadlines
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
Apply Link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JNCtqEqK